Terms & Conditions
What type of data processing does this Policy apply to?
This Policy applies to the processing of personal data:
- of all people who visit this website: woomexpo.com (hereinafter: the “Website”) and
- of all people who interact with us through this Website by filling out the forms or contacting us via e-mail expressing the intention to participate in virtual fairs organized by Woom Expo, either as a participant – physical person (hereinafter: a “Visitor”) or as a representative of a business (hereinafter: an “Exhibitor”);
- of all people who contact us via e-mail for purposes other than the ones mentioned in the previous bullet;
- of all people who participate in virtual job fairs organized by Woom Expo.
What are the purposes and legal grounds for processing your personal data?
When you visit our website we process your personal data for several reasons of a technical, administrative and operational nature, for example, to present the contents in a way that is most effective for you and your computer; to improve our website and its functionality; to run our website; for internal procedures such as solving technical problems, data analysis, testing, research, statistics and other insights; for marketing purposes including targeted marketing to provide you with content that will be of greater interest to you, and as part of our efforts to keep our website secure. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
When you fill out the forms on the Website or when you send us your data requested in the forms via e-mail, we process your personal data for enabling you to become a Visitor or an Exhibitor at a virtual fair organized by Woom Expo. In that case, the processing is based on fulfilling our contractual obligation as an organizer of the fair.
When you send us an e-mail with your personal data for some reason other than participation at a virtual fairs organized by Woom Expo, we process such data for the purposes indicated in the e-mail or for some other purposes which will be presented to you separately.
When you participate in a virtual fair organized by Woom Expo as a Visitor, we process your data for the purpose of connecting you with Exhibitors with whom you interacted during the fair. In such case, the processing is based on our legitimate interest to provide Exhibitors with contacts of Visitors that might be interested in pursuing a business relationship with them.
What types of data do we collect about you?
Every time you visit our Website, we collect the following types of data about you:
- technical data, such as the IP address of the computer you used to connect to the Internet, information about your username, browser type and version, time zone, browser plug-in type and version, operating system and platform, mobile device type and name. For our purposes, this data can be collected and processed through third-party cookies (the information about the cookies collection is included below).
- information about your visit, which can, for example, be the entire Uniform Resource Locator (URL), the clickstream of arriving at our website, through our website and leaving our website (including information about the date and time and about the information you viewed or requested).
When you interact with us by filling out forms on our Website the type of data we collect depends on the form you filled out – Visitor or Exhibitor form – and it is clearly indicated in the form.
When you send us your data via e-mail, we collect the data we would collect if you filled out the form on our Website. We will not collect or further process other data you may have sent us, but we will keep your e-mail message for the purposes of documenting our mutual correspondence.
When you interact with an Exhibitor on a virtual fair organized by Woom Expo, we provide that Exhibitor with your contact data and the chat records from the fair.
How and to whom do we disclose your personal data
We disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- service providers who provide administrative, professional and technical support to Woom Expo related to information technology, security and business resources;
- Confiva Global d.o.o., a limited liability company, with headquarters in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Stegne 13A, company registration number SI8827451000, which provides a platform for holding online events, such as virtual fairs organized by Woom Expo, and is therefore our processor in terms of Art (28) of the GDPR;
- Exhibitors, if you are a Visitor and have visited their stand, panel session, presentation etc. at a virtual job fair organized by Woom Expo;
- advertisers or advertising networks that need your data in order to select and provide appropriate advertising material. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we do provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, the fact that on a given day, 500 males under the age of 30 clicked on their ad). We may use this type of aggregate information to help advertisers reach their target audiences. We can use the personal data we have collected from you so that, at the request of our advertisers, we show their ads to the target audience;
- providers of analytics services and search tools that help us improve and optimally function our website.
When necessary, Woom Expo will provide insight into your personal data to professional associates outside Woom Expo (e.g. lawyers, accountants, auditors).
Storage of your personal data and transfer to other countries
Your personal data that Woom Expo collects is stored in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, data collected by third parties through Cookies (e.g. Google Analytics) can travel from the data collection center closest to where the Internet traffic originated. Therefore, data, including ad-related traffic, is received on servers located in the EEA and referred to servers located outside the EEA.
You have the right to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we have processed your personal data, as well as a copy of your personal data and/or the opportunity to correct it. In some circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete your personal data or, subject to the right to data portability, that we transfer some of your personal data to you or to other persons. If we process your personal data because it is in our legitimate interest (as explained above), you have the right to object to that. In addition, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Please note that these rights of yours may be limited in some situations and are subject to data protection laws and regulations; for example, your right to object to the processing of personal data may be limited if we can demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that override your interests. We will need confirmation of your identity and more details to help us respond to such a request from you.
If you want to exercise the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Croatian Data Protection Agency (AZOP) with the seat in Zagreb, Croatia, Selska cesta 136, via physical mail or via e-mail email@example.com. You can also lodge a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority in a member state where you live or work or in a member state where, according to your statements, an infringement of legal regulations on data protection occurred.
How long we will keep your personal data
We keep your personal data related to a virtual fair organized by Woom Expo for 2 years after the fair occured unless it is necessary to keep them longer due to legal regulations or to exercise our legal rights or for some other reason that shall be indicated to you.
We keep your personal data you sent us via e-mail that are unrelated to a virtual fair organized by Woom Expo for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you sent them to us.
For the retention period of technical data related to your visit to the Website, please see the Cookie section below.
We store your data on our servers and servers managed by a third party (including third-party cloud services). In doing so, we apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data and prevent unauthorized access. We have entered into contracts with third parties that provide us with hosting services, and contractual obligations include obligations related to the organizational and technical security of your personal data. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the verification information (e.g. passwords) you use to access parts of our website.
Cookies and small social network applications
What is a cookie
A cookie is an information saved on your computer by the website you visit. Cookies usually store your settings for the website, such as your preferred language or address. Later, when you open the same web page again, the internet browser returns the cookies belonging to that page. This allows the site to display information tailored to your needs.
Cookies can store a wide range of information. However, all information can only be saved if you allow it – websites cannot get access to information that you have not given them access to and cannot access other files on your computer. The default activities of saving and sending cookies are not visible to you. However, you can change your internet browser’s settings to choose whether to allow cookies to be saved, to automatically delete saved cookies when you close your internet browser and the like.
How to turn off cookies?
By turning off cookies, you decide whether you want to allow cookies to be stored on your computer. Cookie settings can be controlled and configured in your internet browser settings.
What cookies does Woom Expo use and why?
What other cookies are there on the Woom Expo website?
Several external services store limited cookies for the user. These cookies are set for the normal functioning of certain features, making it easier for users to access the content. We currently enable cookies from social networks, traffic measurement services (Google Analytics) and advertising networks such as Google AdSense.